If only they would stay babies forever. This kit captures that first year with a 4" x 6" photo and handprints or footprints. Just press baby's hand or foot into the soft, mess-free, nontoxic clay. Requires no mixing, baking or painting and is easy to assemble.
- includes impression material, wooden rolling pin and shaping ruler
- features white acid-free mat boards and two mat background boards
- offered in natural, white, mahogany or espresso. See above for available styles
- each frame includes a tan mat that reverses to sage-green and a pink mat that reverses to light blue
- frame measures 17 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 11 1/2" high
- optional nickel-plated plaque may be personalized with up to 25 characters per line (two-line maximum).
Personalized plaque arrives in an envelope with the product and may be affixed by the recipient at their discretion
We know, this is a tad expensive, but you get what you pay for.
We think this is a very personal gift that brings parents back to when they held their little baby for the first time - before they drive you nuts.
We love this modern baby keepsake. It looks great on walls and something to remember their tiny hands and feet with.
Like other similar keepsake products on the market, the clay may be difficult to work with, however we find this easy to work with and we love the result.
We also like that you can display both the hand and foot prints.
1. Rest the clay on top of a piece of wax paper.
2. Put a piece of wax paper on top of the top to make sure the clay doesn't stick to the roller
3. Make sure you roll the clay thin enough so it fits into the frame
4. Allow the clay to dry for 48 hours. You can also turn the clay over to the other side after 24 hours so they dry more evenly
5. Babies fidget a lot. The best time to get the imprint is while they are sleeping
6. To prevent the clay from sticking to the baby's foot, you can apply a very thin layer of olive oil to the baby's foot/hand prior to imprinting. Allow a little more time to dry