Dado Squares are the newest addition to the Dado toy line inspiring complex thought through its simple design. Whether you favor art or science as you explore architectural principles . . . proportion, balance, structure and color, Dado Squares are sure to stimulate and entertain your mind. Create any number of three-dimensional structures and explore visual spatial development and problem solving with this simple toy.
- 2008 Dr. Toy 10 Best Active Products
- 2008 Dr. Toy 100 Best Children's Products
- 2008 NAPPA Winner (National Parenting Publications Award)
- 2008 National Parenting Seal of Approval
- 2008 Early Childhood News Director's Award
- 2008 Preferred Choice Award - Creative Child Magazine
- 2008 Exceptional Parent Symbol of Excellence
Dado Squares are simple. They are two-dimensional squares that interlock with each other to create three-dimensional masterpieces. The amazing thing about the Dado Squares is that with each piece your child interlocks their imagination and spatial reasoning adjusts and realizes what is necessary to make the structure work.
Because this is such a simple toy, having fun playing with them relies heavily on the player and not the design of the toy. This form of free play does not limit your child's creativity or imagination to what the manufacturers intended.
The interlocking of the pieces requires fine motor skills.
While many complain that 35 pieces is not enough pieces, we recommend starting with one set and see if you need to expand the set.
They are made from heavy duty plastic in the US.