Recognized as one of the top games of the past 30 years, Quarto Classic is an outstanding game of deductive reasoning. Each piece has four attributes: color, height, shape and consistency. So each piece is dark or light, tall or short, square or round, and hollow or solid. The object is to place the fourth piece in a row where all four pieces have at least one attribute in common.
All players share all the pieces and when it's your opponent's turn, you choose the piece for their next move which makes the strategy that much more interesting.
It includes 4 x 4 game board and 16 pieces.
- Dé d’Or des Créateurs de Jeux 1989 – Paris, FRANCE
- Oscar du Jouet-Toy Oscar 1992– Paris, FRANCE
- Jouet de l’année-Game of the Year 1992 - BRUSSELS
- Super As d’Or Festival International des Jeux-Super Golden Ace 1992 – Cannes, FRANCE
- Toy Award 1992– BENELUX
- Spiel des Jahres-Game of the Year 1993– GERMANY
- Giocco Dell’anno-Game of the Year 1993– ITALY
- Speelgoed Vant Jaar-Game of the year 1993– NETHERLANDS
- Mensa Select Top 5 Best Games 1993 – USA
- Parent’s Choice Gold Award 1993 – USA
- Best Bet of the Toy Testing Council 1994– CANADA
- Prix d’Excellence des Consommateurs-Consumer’s Toy Award 1994– Quebec, CANADA
- Games Magazine “Games 100 Selection”1995 – USA
- Games Magazine “Games 100 Selection” 1996 – USA
- Games Magazine “Games 100 Selection” 1997 - USA
- Game of the Year 2004 – FINLAND
- Parent’s Choice Top 25 games in 25 years 2004 – USA"
Quarto Classic is a great strategy game that is easy enough for a 6 year old to learn, but also challenging enough for parents. It's basically an advanced version of Tic-Tac-Toe.
This game is constantly challenging your judgment, organizational skills, and visual perception. You will train your brain to think one step ahead to prevent your opponent from winning.
This strategy game is great for people who don't have the time nor patience for a long chess game. Each game lasts about 5-10 minutes.
Like all other Gigamic Games the game pieces are made from real wood so they have a good weight to them.
This is a great game to have laying around on the coffee table to give your brain a quick exercise.
Oh, and it's the recipient of 18 awards worldwide...no big deal.